Hello, and welcome to my personal homepage.|
I am Jaakko Peltonen. I work as a postdoctoral researcher in computer and
information science at Helsinki University of Technology. For more information
about my work, please see my work page
- the page you are viewing now is about non-work matters.
I have a number of hobbies.
- I program computer games. My most well-known work is likely a graphical
interface for the computer role-playing game NetHack; I call the combination
of the game and the interface NetHack - Falcon's Eye.
New: I am working on a full 3D computer game. The game is a
party-based fantasy role-playing game. The game is in yet in its first stages.
- I make computer graphics, mostly for computer games or other software that I
am programming, but sometimes also as standalone works. I use a mouse, a tablet,
a scanner, a digital camera, and several image creation programs. In the future
I intend to have a small gallery of images available online for viewing, and the
games where I've been a developer also have lots of art.
- I compose music, using a computer and sequencer software. Most of my
compositions are "classical" or "film/game soundtrack" in style. I don't currently
have sample compositions available for download; some examples are included in the
game programs where I have been a developer.
- I also play the recorder, but I do that only seldom nowadays.